How long have you been competing?
I have been competing within ultra-marathons and triathlons since 2013.
Where do you call home?
Gold Coast, Australia.
Favorite event or place to practice?
Favourite event would be Coast to Kosci 240 km Ultra Marathon, test of the mind and body.
What do you like best about your sport?
My main focus is to keep testing the boundaries of what my body is capable of, seeing how far I can push the mind to keep moving forward. Ultra-marathons test the human body and soul. My training consists of high mileage on the bike out in the hills, and running trails in the mountains on the Gold Coast. Cycling into the mountains solo is rewarding in many aspects in that it's just you and the surroundings, enjoying the long hours in the saddle.
What is the strangest thing that has happened to you while doing your sport?
Long story cut short: running to Byron Bay from the Gold Coast. 70km distance and had a naked man run at me at 2 am in the morning in cyclonic weather on a stretch of quiet back roads. Stumbling across drug labs in the mountains on solo trail runs. Running 185km during a race and hallucinating through the night, seeing things that were never there.
Do you have a claim to fame?
"Forrest Gump" ... known for going off on long runs and not returning until the following day. I was also the first person to ever walk the width of Papua New Guinea.
Do you promote an annual event or are you involved in a charitable cause?
Almost every event is for raising funds for LEGACY Australia, an organisation that supports the families of deceased and incapacitated veterans.
Any notable recent results?
- 1st Place ANZAC ULTRA in 81hrs 46minutes, 450km (Course Record) 2015
- 1st Place Kokoda Challenge 96km ultra marathon 2015
- First Expedition in history to walk across Papua New Guinea in 7.5 days 2014
- Climbed 5,985 m Mt Kilimanjaro Africa Tanzania 2014
- (In doing so has raised over $92,000 for the charity LEGACY )
- Australia’s fastest 50-mile runner for 2013
- Youngest to finish Great North Walks 100mile Ultra Marathon 2013 / 2014
- Youngest person to finish Coast 2 Kosci Ultra Marathon 2014 / 2015
- Youngest Australian to Row Across the Atlantic Ocean 2017.
- 1st place in the Talisker Whiskey Atlantic Challenge. (5025kms rowed in 52 days)
- BADWATER 135 (world’s toughest foot race, Death Valley, California) 2015.
Anything else we should know about you or your sport?
I'm constantly searching for events to push myself and see what I'm capable of.